The India Tablet Market is segmented By Product (Detachable Tablet, Slate Tablet), By Screen Size (Below 8”, 8” and above), By Operating System (Android, iOS, Windows), By Application (Education, Work, Entertainment, Others) and By Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa)
The India Tablet Market was estimated at US$ XX Million in 2022 and is expected to reach US$ XX Million by the end of 2032 with a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
A tablet or tablet PC is a portable computer with a touchscreen as its primary input device. In terms of size, conventional tablets are larger than smartphones but smaller than a notebook or laptops. The majority of tablets are lighter and do not have actual keyboards. Tablets are used for a wide range of tasks such as video and picture editing, conversations, emails, video streaming, gaming, video chatting, internet browsing, and so on. Modern tablets include wireless Internet access or local area networks (LAN). Although the majority of tablets employ touchscreen interfaces rather than physical keyboards, some tablets include a stylus to improve the user experience. The increased popularity of hybrid tablets over traditional personal computers is a prominent trend in the Indian tablet PC market. The Indian market is moving toward hybrid tablet PCs because of their portability and ease of use, as well as their productivity functions.
Rising E-Reader Demand for Advanced Devices is Expected to Drive Growth
Growing corporate use of tablets as a multi-purpose device for reading, entertainment, and numerous work-related activities is projected to drive tablet demand in the near future. This great demand is attributed to advantageous qualities such as increased portability and lightweight. Currently, the demand for portable online reading tablets is predicted to develop rapidly, owing to technological advancements in the field of electronic devices and changing consumer reading habits. As a result, these factors are projected to drive expansion in the India tablet market.
Covid-19 Had a Positive Impact on India Tablet Market
Because of COVID-19, people began to study and work from home in 2021. As a result, the tablets demand has skyrocketed in 2021. Remote work, online education, and stay-at-home activities all contributed to a growth in demand for large-screen mobile devices in 2021. After reaching a five-year high in 2021, the market gained 53 percent in 2021, continuing its upward trajectory. For example, Lenovo, whose tablets are immensely popular in India, saw a stunning 153% YoY growth. In India, tablets were shipped in a total of 0.0028 billion units in 2021.
Introduction of Novel Operating Systems and Application Support is Likely to Provide Attractive Growth Prospects
The introduction of dual operating systems and the large storage capacity of many applications downloaded on tablets has aided table producers in developing new operating systems. For example, Android systems give customers with newer versions that provide improved operational functions. Emerging market technology developments, such as the development of retina display Tablets, kindle, and waterproof tablets, are likely to considerably increase market growth throughout the forecast period. Furthermore, innovative technical features like miniaturisation, gesture recognition, and increased battery life are propelling the industry. Tablets support a variety of operating systems, including Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows, and are used by a variety of organisations. The combination of key players technological experience and unique production techniques from new companies guarantees the release of new products with expanded features. These factors will drive the India Tablet Market.
Cannibalization by Developing Enterprises to Stifle Growth of the India Tablet Market
As opposed to established suppliers, emerging market manufacturers are focusing on significantly cutting the cost of tablet PCs. New entrants benefit from strong profit margins due to low device production costs. As a result, new suppliers are eating into the profitability of established competitors in the tablet market. Furthermore, rising competition among major market players and continuous price drops are projected to stymie worldwide tablet market growth over the forecast period. For example, Micromax, Asus, and Xiaomi offer tablets with similar features as key players such as Apple and Samsung at a lower price, which aids these companies in increasing sales and allowing them to enter the tablet market which may hinder the market growth
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments
Key players including Apple Inc., Micromax, Xiaomi and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. have consolidated the market. Lenovo dominated the tablet market in India, owing primarily to its enterprise tablet business. Lenovo Tab M10 HD Tablet series captured 32% of the market, especially in the value for money (INR 7,000-INR 25,000) category. In the year 2021, Lenovo shipments increased by 23% year on year. Lenovo has a significant offline presence, catering to both enterprise and consumer needs. Apple came in second place with a 20% market share and a phenomenal 29% YoY surge in Apple iPad shipments. Samsung was third on the market leaderboard, with an 18% market share. Realme made a successful debut in the Tablet Market, with a 6% market share in the year 2021. Realme Pads success is based on Realmes high brand affinity and performance in the smartphone market.
• In October 2022, Vivo is expected to release the Vivo Pad.
• In October 2022, Xiaomi is expected to release the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 Pad.
• In September 2022, Samsung will release the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5.
• In February 2022, The Legion Y700, which was released by Lenovo in China, has an 8.8-inch LCD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. It has a refresh rate of 120Hz and a touch sampling rate of 240Hz. The screen also has a DCI-P3 colour gamut. The Tablet comes equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor, 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of internal storage. The Tablet is also powered by a 6550mAh battery with 45W rapid charging capabilities.
• In February 2022, Huawei has introduced a new line of HUAWEI MatePad products, the HUAWEI MatePad Paper, for immersive reading and light office experiences.
• In September 2021, Canva, a popular graphic design app, has teamed up with HUAWEI AppGallery to preload its app on the new HUAWEI MatePad Series, which is built for creativity.
• In September 2021, the 11-inch Tablet PC is HPs most recent mobile release. The Tablet was released on September 22, 2021. The Tablet has an 11.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2,160 by 1,440 pixels and is powered by a quad-core Intel Pentium Silver N6000 CPU.
• In September 2021, Microsoft released The Surface Go 3. The Tablet has a 10.50-inch touchscreen display with a 1920x1280 pixel resolution. The Microsoft Surface Go 3 is equipped with 8GB RAM and a dual-core Intel Pentium Gold 6500Y processor. The Tablet has a 128GB internal storage capacity that can be increased with a microSD card.
• In May 2021, Panasonic unveiled the TOUGHBOOK S1 Tablet, with 7-inch screen device that is easy to operate with one hand, versatile for a variety of tasks, and powerful enough to handle the busiest shift. It is most effective when it is in the hands of security and police forces patrolling the streets, technicians monitoring production lines, field services engineers performing inspections, and maintenance or construction employees on the job site.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
India Tablet Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Product Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Detachable Tablet
• Slate Tablet
Screen Size Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Below 8”
• 8” and above
Operating System Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
Application Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
Region Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Northern Region
• North-Eastern Region
• Eastern Region
• Central Region
• Western Region
• Southern Region
• Lenovo Group Ltd.
• LG Electronics Inc.
Available Versions of Tablet Market Report:
United States Tablet Market Research Report
Europe Tablet Market Research Report
Asia Pacific Tablet Market Research Report
Global Tablet Market Research Report
Malaysia Tablet Market Research Report
South East Asia Tablet Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved