Biopreservation Market is segmented By Product Type (Equipment, Media, Laboratory Information Management System LIMS); By Application Type (Regenerative Medicine, Biobanking, Drug Discovery); By Cell Provider Type (CD34+, CD19+, MSC, iPSC, hESC, Tumor Cells, Others); By Geography By Region (U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia & CIS, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, India, Rest of Asia Pacific, Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America, GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa).
The Biopreservation Market was valued at US $4.86 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach US $9.4 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period.
Biopreservation is a way to maintain the wholeness and functionality of biological products like stems, DNA, cells, tissues, and organs in different temperatures to extend their life without their natural environment. Hybrid models and various API algorithms are some of the technological innovations that help reduce the cost, time, and complication of the overall process. The emergence of multiplex cellular imaging platforms is expected to improve the biopreservation ability in order to help understand the state of the disease and suggest suitable diagnosis and treatment. With the availability of research funding and extensive government support in the field gives emerging players a great opportunity to enter the industry.
The increase in the Investment in R&D: Key Driver
Due to the constant new discovery of new drugs, and advanced therapies in the biomedical research industry the biopreservation market is on the surge. Extensive investment in life sciences research and a rise in the learning of personalized medicine by practitioners are major factors for the growth of the biopreservation market. In the biomedical research sector, research activities have repeatedly grown over the years because of the growing need for costly and better care for patients with chronic diseases in demand to provide advanced therapies and treatment. Thus, boosting the growth of the biopreservation market globally. Both public and private organizations have been putting major investments due to the rise in the incidence of chronic diseases. Government healthcare initiatives are allowing grants, contracts, and funds for research work leading to rising in the expenditure on R&D activities done by the organization in the industry supporting the growth of the biopreservation market globally. The major aim of extensive investments is towards providing access to advanced and quality healthcare services with biopreservation facilities.
The Rising prevalence of Chronic Disease boosts Biopreservation Market
One of the major factors leading to the market boost is increasing cases of chronic diseases and obesity globally. Year after year chronic diseases is repeatedly growing. Demand for the usage of biospecimen techniques in the healthcare sector is all because of the growing number of patients. Chronic diseases like diabetes, cardiac, and degenerative conditions affecting bones, joints, nerves, and others are the major cause of the growth in the demand for biopreservation following the market growth. According to World Health Organization (WHO), more than 17 million people die annually due to cardiovascular diseases, making it the number one cause of death worldwide. The major shortage of donors for the purpose of transplantation has increased the market growth for regenerative machines in the biopreservation market. As there is a rise in the number of cases of chronic diseases the players in the field are focusing on producing more regenerative medicine which contributes to potential growth in the industry Extensive use of hospitals and the biochemical center has led to the increase of preserving biospecimen in the healthcare sector facilitating the global biopreservation market.
High Cost Involved in Maintaining & Developing Cheaper Techniques Restraining the Market Growth
Biopreservation is an advanced preservation technique in the preservation process that involves high costs for processes and equipment which affects the biopreservation market negatively. And during the freezing process there comes many stability issues for tissue injuries. Therefore, numerous practitioners opt for cheap and cost-effective techniques such as room temperature preservation. All of these factors lead to a negative impact on the market growth of the biopreservation market. Tissue cryopreservation is a complex and difficult process indicating cell injuries during freezing and thawing. The complexity and difficult process that causes damage may hinder the market growth of the biopreservation market. A part of the biopreservation market is also negatively impacted by the rigid guidelines for clinical trials, operating costs related to the manufacturing process, and regulatory challenges. The maintenance clinical processes that are involved in the treatment and therapy of biopreservation are much more complex and sensitive which may hinder the market growth for the biopreservation global market.
North America dominated the demand for Biopreservation Media and Equipment
North America accounted for the largest market share of over 45.0% in 2021. The major factor that impacted the favorable market growth is advanced biomedical research and the development of advanced therapies and treatments. The growing number of cases of chronic diseases in the region also helped boost the biopreservation market. The North American industry outlook is supposed to foster because of the continuous government regulation supporting the ethical usage of biological samples and the advancement of novel drugs and therapies in healthcare. In the U.S. and Canada, there is a high investment in research and development in life sciences which contributes to the growth of the biopreservation market. There also has been a growing number of biobanks and hospitals all of which leads to the growth of the biopreservation market. In past years the investors’ demand has grown on the field due to the rise in the prevalence of preserving cells and the development of biomedical devices and products leading to the growth of the biopreservation market. For example, the biospecimen collection in biorepositories and biobanks is supported by funding activities from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), whereas, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) contributes to managing such bio-banking programs. These biobanks support research and clinical trial programs in the U.S., thus increasing the demand for biopreservation techniques in the market.
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments
• In March 2021, PerkinElmer, Inc. collaborated with Insightful Science to expand its Signals informatics platforms to add a product portfolio and develop its customer reach.
• In September 2020, Roper Technologies, Inc. a leading diversified technology company announced the acquisition of Vertaforce the leader in modern insurance technology, to improve its offering of SaaS solutions to provide its customers with a wide variety of solutions and advanced technology.
• In January 2022, Biolife Solutions leading supplier of class-defining bioproduction tools and services for the cell and gene therapy and broader biopharma markets collaborated with Seattle Children’s for the manufacturing of viral vector, cell, and gene therapy.
• In July 2021, Biolife acquired Global Cooling and Sexton For freezer and thaw to produce various tools and products for different types of biological materials.
• In December 2021, X-Therma closed an oversubscribed $13 million series A funding round which was led by LOREA AG.
• In April 2021, Biolife Solutions launched a new product, a high-capacity controlled freezer to serve in the cell and gene therapy market growing its existing product portfolio.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2022
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Biopreservation Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Biopreservation Market by Product Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Laboratory Information Management System [LIMS]
Biopreservation Market by Application Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Regenerative Medicine
• Drug Discovery
Biopreservation Market by Cell Provider (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Tumor Cells
Biopreservation Market by Geography (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• North America (U.S., Canada)
• Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Nordic Region, Rest of Europe)
• Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, ASEAN, Rest of Asia Pacific)
• Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
• Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
Global Biopreservation Market Key Players
• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
• Merck KGaA, Inc.
• ThermoGenesis Holdings Inc.
• Bio- Techne Corporation
• Exact Sciences Corporation
• BioLife Solutions Inc.
• Helman Scientific, Inc.
• Worthington Industries, Inc.
• Avantor, Inc.
• Chart Industries, Inc.
• Priceton Cryo Tech, Inc.
• BioCision LLC
• Other Key Players
Available Versions of Global Biopreservation Market Report:
The United States Biopreservation Market Report
Europe Biopreservation Market Report
Asia Pacific Biopreservation Market Report
India Biopreservation Market Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved