Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market is segmented By Product (Automated Breast Ultrasound System, Automated Breast Volume Scanner, Others); By Application (Screening, Pre-operative Evaluation); By End-use (Hospitals, Diagnostic Imaging Centers, Specialty Centers); By Geography (North America (U.S., Canada), Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Nordic Region, Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America), Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
The Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market was valued at US $1.71 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach US $6.37 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 14.41% during the forecast period.
Automated Breast Ultrasound System is an automated computer-based system used to perform and record breast ultrasound. These ultrasounds are then used by the physicians to review images on workstation to view breast tissue and lesions in different angles, planes and in 3D models. The demand for an automated breast ultrasound system is expanding as a result of rising breast cancer incidence and increasing consumer knowledge of the link between breast density and breast cancer.
Increase in Number of Breast Cancer Cases: Key Driver
Breast Cancer is recorded as the fifth ruling cancer causes of deaths in women. With such increment in the number of breast cancer cases year by year the demand for effective treatment has also increased thus driving the automated breast ultrasound systems market. Factors such as rise in the number of genetic diseases in women, healthcare expenses and government policies support has added to the market growth of automated breast ultrasound systems market. Extensive expenditure in research and development activities has boosted the demand for automated breast ultrasound systems in the global market. The majority of medical centers are moving away from radiography and MRI methodologies and toward automated breast ultrasonic transducers, which reflects well for the markets potential growth. India and the United Kingdom are projected to provide very profitable opportunities, contributing in the markets overall economic growth. The market for automated breast cancer ultrasound systems has expanded as a result of government reimbursement guidelines and greater understanding of the availability of diagnostic equipment. Major manufacturing companies are being encouraged to develop cutting-edge, accurate, and automated diagnosis systems by the growing need for an accurate diagnosis of breast lesions, particularly in the early stages of cancer, and the scarcity of radiologists qualified to use the conventional ultrasound system boosting the market growth of automated breast ultrasound systems market.
Technological Advancements Boosts Market Growth for Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems
The advantages of an automated breast ultrasound system, such as coronal view and 3D pictures, shorter turnaround times, and guarantees of better diagnostic outcomes, are strengthening the market globally. Key player in the market is focusing more on the research and development of technologies providing complementary services to improve and enhance cancer screening for the patients with dense breasts leading to the growth of the automated breast ultrasound market. More over 50% of Latin American women, according to the World Health Organization, are obese. A number of top businesses are investing in cutting-edge technologies for prompt diagnosis. One of the main aims toward the development of automated breast ultrasound systems is to minimize the side effects caused by the usage of conventional systems to capture breast images for treatment. Thus, boosting the market growth of automated breast ultrasound systems. The market demand has been stimulated through the use of high frequency sound waves to map the whole breast and produce 3D monochromatic images of tissues and breast structure. The rising predilection for sedentary lifestyles and obesity is also attributed for the rising incidence of breast cancer. For example, in 2018 GE Healthcare launched a new automated breast ultrasound system to identify any mammographically occult malignancy, particularly in women with thick tissue.
Lack of Skilled Radiologists and Rise in Cost of Standardized Training Hinders the Market Growth.
Year by year there has been rise in the number of patients but not enough skilled radiologist to treat the patients which hinders the market growth of the automated breast ultrasound systems market. The fact that the standardized trainings are expensive many practitioners are not being able to enter breast cancer field, leading towards the negative impact on the automated breast ultrasound system market. Lack of skilled radiologists means lack in the treatment of the patients affecting the market of automated breast ultrasound systems market. Due to severe legislation, the use of imaging methods has been limited in a number of nations. The development of the worldwide automated breast ultrasound system market is also anticipated to be constrained by the high cost of ultrasound systems in comparison to conventional cancer screening techniques. For instance, the typical price of a brand-new automated breast ultrasound system is approximately $300,000. Despite the fact that ultrasonography is swift and efficient in finding cancer, the high rate of false-positive biopsies is anticipated to restrain market expansion.
North America holds the dominant position in the growing demand for Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market
Due to the growing number of cancer patients and the presence of major competitors, North America held the biggest market share in 2018. For example, as of January 2019, more than 3.1 million women in the U.S. been diagnosed with breast cancer, according to Breastcancer.org. Furthermore, it declared that the United States saw 2,670 new instances of invasive breast cancer in males in 2019. The market is expected to be influenced by the high rate of cancer in the area. Additionally, the market for automated ultrasound systems is expected to be dominated by the presence of large companies like GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips N.V., and Siemens Healthineers AG. Multiple foundations in the United States have launched awareness campaigns, notably Susan Komen Foundation, National Breast Cancer Foundation, and American Society of Cancers National Breast Cancer Awareness (NBCA) month. These will have a favorable effect on the demand for automated breast ultrasonography systems to detect breast cancer in breast tissue with dense cellular proliferation. Additionally, spending on research and development efforts to update technologies for more accurate findings, coupled with increased awareness towards diagnosing breast cancer at the primary stage in order to prevent life risks connected with the illness, are boosting the market.
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments in the Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market
• In November 2022, iCAD, Inc., a worldwide medical technology provider offering cutting-edge cancer diagnosis and therapy solutions, and Ferrum Health, a leader in healthcare enterprise AI solutions, have reached an agreement to make iCADs breast AI solutions available on Ferrum Healths platform.
• In November 2022, in order to completely integrate HeartVistas artificial intelligence systems for chest imaging scans into its MRI equipment, Siemens Healthineers and HeartVista have signed a contract. The two businesses merged their own MRI sequences—also known as methods—into a single automated clinical imaging routine.
• In October 2022, Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ: ARAY) announced today that it will present a significant new alternative for enhancing the care of persons with breast cancer in collaboration with C-RAD AB (NASDAQ Stockholm: CRAD B).
• In August 2020, Hologic, Inc. purchased a 46.0% stake in SuperSonic Imagine. With the use of Hologics resources and SuperSonic Imagines ultrasound technology, the purchase sought to create more effective and cutting-edge products for breast cancer patients.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2022
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
By Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
• Automated Breast Ultrasound System (AUBS)
• Automated Breast Volume Scanner (ABVS)
By Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
• Pre-operative Evaluation
By End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
• Diagnostic Imaging Centers
• Specialty Centers
By Geography Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 -2032)
• North America (U.S., Canada)
• Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Nordic Region, Rest of Europe)
• Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
• Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
• Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
• General Electric Company
• Hitachi, Ltd.
• Koninklijke Philips N.V.
• Siemens Healthineers AG
• Telemed Medical Systems
• Canon Medical Systems Corporation
• Fukuda Denshi
• Hologic, Inc.
Available Versions of Global Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market Report:
The United States Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market Report
Europe Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market Report
Asia Pacific Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market Report
India Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems Market Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved