US Home Decor Market is segmented By Product Type (Furniture, Home Textile, and Floor Covering), Distribution Channel (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, E-commerce, and Others), Income Group (Lower-middle Income, Upper-middle Income, and Higher Income), and Price Point (Mass and Premium)
The US Home Decor Market shall reach a value of $256.4 Billion in 2033, growing with a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period of 2023 to 2033.
The U.S. home decor market encompasses a wide array of interior design and decorative elements that reflect the diverse and evolving tastes of American consumers. Rooted in individualism, it combines traditional, modern, and eclectic styles to create unique living spaces. Key features often include a mix of vintage and contemporary furniture, a focus on functionality, and a blend of cultural influences from around the world. Sustainability and eco-friendly choices are also prominent trends. The U.S. home decor market caters to a vast range of preferences, allowing homeowners to express their creativity and adapt to changing lifestyles while emphasizing comfort, aesthetics, and personal expression.
Outdoor Living Spaces and Sustainability is a significant driver of growth in the U.S. Home Decor Market. Outdoor living spaces have surged market demand in the U.S. home decor sector by reshaping how consumers view and use their exterior environments. The trend for stylish outdoor spaces has prompted increased sales of outdoor furniture, lighting, rugs, and decor items. Homeowners now seek to create functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor areas, fostering a need for products that blend comfort and style. This shift has expanded the scope of the home decor market to include outdoor-specific offerings, catering to consumers desire for holistic home beautification. Mover, Sustainability and eco-friendly choices have surged market demand in the U.S. home decor sector due to increased environmental awareness among consumers. They seek products made from recycled or sustainable materials, energy-efficient lighting, and eco-conscious manufacturing. Brands adopting green practices attract eco-conscious buyers, driving sales. Additionally, sustainable decor aligns with a desire for healthier, toxin-free living environments, making it a compelling choice for modern consumers who value both style and responsible consumption.
However, rising material costs and environmental regulations present significant restraints to the US Home Decor Market. Rising material costs can restrain the U.S. home decor market by increasing production expenses and retail prices for decor items. These higher costs may dissuade price-sensitive consumers from making purchases, limiting demand. Additionally, manufacturers and retailers might face reduced profit margins or be compelled to compromise on product quality. As a result, the increased material expenses can adversely affect both consumer affordability and the overall competitiveness of the home decor market. Moreover, Environmental regulations can restrain market demand in the U.S. home decor sector by imposing stricter standards on materials and manufacturing processes. Compliance may increase production costs, which could be passed on to consumers, potentially making eco-friendly decor items more expensive. Additionally, regulations may limit the use of certain materials, affecting product availability. While sustainability is a growing concern, these regulations can pose challenges for businesses in adapting to new standards and may impact consumer choices based on price and availability.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic had a multifaceted impact on the U.S. home decor market. Initially, it led to disruptions in supply chains and temporary store closures, causing a dip in sales. However, as lockdowns confined people to their homes, there was a surge in demand for home decor products, driven by remote work setups and a desire to create comfortable living spaces. E-commerce flourished, with consumers turning to online shopping for decor items. Notably, trends shifted towards home offices, outdoor living spaces, and a preference for sustainable and eco-friendly decor. In summary, the pandemic reshaped consumer priorities and catalyzed digitalization within the U.S. home decor industry.
According to the product type, the Floor coverings segment has held 37.1% revenue share in 2022. The sports cards have a long-standing and passionate collector base deeply rooted in American culture. Iconic sports leagues like the NFL, NBA, and MLB produce cards featuring beloved athletes, attracting dedicated fans. Sports performance directly influences card values, creating excitement around notable achievements. Additionally, the scarcity of rookie cards and limited-edition inserts fosters a competitive market. Lastly, sports trading cards offer a tangible connection to athletes and the thrill of collecting pieces of sporting history, making them a dominant force in the trading card landscape.
According to the distribution channels, the E-Commerce segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the shift towards online shopping, with consumers seeking convenience and safety. E-commerce platforms offer a vast product selection, allowing customers to explore a wide range of decor options easily. Additionally, digital channels provide a platform for emerging brands and artisans to reach a broader audience. The ease of price comparison and access to customer reviews make online shopping an attractive choice, further driving its growth in the home decor market.
Recent Strategic Developments
• Wayfair launch first brick & mortar experiences stores for AllModern and Joss & Main brands in 2022, starting with three locations in Massachusetts. This expansion introduces Wayfairs specialty retail brands to consumers through engaging brick-and-mortar experiences.
• In 2020, The Casaluna Home collection is freshly launched and can be found at Target stores and on Target.com, offering customers a new range of home decor and furnishing options.
• In 2019, IKEA introduced the Förändring collection, featuring eco-friendly and budget-friendly home decor items crafted from recycled materials. This sustainable line reflects IKEAs commitment to responsible design and consumer affordability.
• Retail giants like Walmart and Target are broadening their home decor product lines to stay competitive with online retailers and specialized home decor stores.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2021 - 2022
• Base Year: 2022
• Forecast Period: 2023-2033
US Home Decor Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2033)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2033)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
US Home Decor Market Segments
By Product Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Home Textile
• Floor Covering
By Distribution Channel (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
• Specialty Stores
Income Group Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Lower-middle Income
• Upper-middle Income
• Higher Income
Price Point Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Higher Income
US Home Decor Market Companies
• Ikea Group (Ingka Holding B.V.)
• H&M Home (Hennes & Mauritz AB)
• Zara Home (Inditex Group)
• Leroy Merlin (Groupe Adeo)
• John Lewis & Partners (Part of the John Lewis Partnership)
• Argos Home (Sainsburys Group)
• Maisons du Monde S.A.
• Habitat (Part of the JYSK Group)
• DFS Group Limited
• The Range (CDS (Superstores International) Ltd)
• Conforama (Steinhoff International Holdings N.V.)
• BoConcept A/S
• Homebase Limited
Available Versions of U.S. Home Décor Market Report:
Global Home Decor Market Research Report
Europe Home Decor Market Research Report
Middle East Home Decor Market Research Report
APAC Home Decor Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved