Middle East Trading Cards Market is segmented By Type (Sports trading cards, Non-sports trading cards, Other trading cards), By Application (Collectible, Competitive gaming, Investment), and By Distribution Channels (Online and Offline), By Country (Iran, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Rest of Middle East)
Middle East Trading Cards Market shall reach a value of $1.09 Billion in 2033, growing with a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period of 2023 to 2033.
Middle East Trading Cards is a collectible card game (CCG) that emerged in the late 20th century, designed to reflect the rich cultural and historical diversity of the Middle East. Each card typically features a unique character, artifact, or historical event from the region, and players assemble decks to engage in strategic battles or challenges. These cards often showcase iconic figures from Middle Eastern history, mythology, and folklore, fostering cultural awareness and education while providing an entertaining gaming experience. Middle East Trading Cards have gained popularity as both a leisure activity and an educational tool, promoting appreciation for the regions heritage.
Tourism and souvenirs play a pivotal role in driving the growth of the Middle East Trading Cards market by capitalizing on the regions rich cultural heritage and the travel industrys widespread appeal. As tourists visit Middle Eastern destinations, they seek authentic mementos that reflect the local culture and history. Middle East Trading Cards, adorned with imagery, characters, and narratives deeply rooted in the regions traditions, serve as compelling souvenirs. Travelers are drawn to these cards as tangible reminders of their experiences, fostering a connection with the destinations heritage and encouraging repeat visits. Additionally, these cards often feature exclusive, location-specific editions, creating a sense of exclusivity that further entices tourists and collectors alike. This symbiotic relationship between tourism and trading cards not only bolsters the market but also promotes cultural awareness and appreciation, making Middle East Trading Cards a vital component of the souvenir landscape in the region.
However, Limited Audience Reach and Educational Integration pose significant restraints on the growth of the Middle East Trading Cards market. Firstly, the niche appeal of these cards, centered on Middle Eastern culture and history, restricts their potential customer base. Unlike more generic trading cards, they may not resonate with a broad international audience, limiting sales and market expansion opportunities. Secondly, while these cards have educational value in teaching about the Middle Easts rich heritage, their integration into formal education systems faces obstacles. Educational institutions often have curriculum constraints, and introducing non-standard educational materials can be challenging. Additionally, educators may require training and resources to effectively use these cards as teaching aids, further delaying adoption. Moreover, educational authorities may scrutinize the content of Middle East Trading Cards for cultural sensitivity and accuracy, potentially imposing restrictions or guidelines that could affect card design and themes. To overcome these restraints, market stakeholders can focus on targeted marketing efforts, partnering with educational institutions, and developing curriculum-aligned content to promote both the collectible and educational aspects of these cards. This approach can help expand the audience and facilitate their integration into educational programs.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic had a mixed impact on the Middle East Trading Cards market. Initially, lockdowns and economic uncertainties slowed sales as discretionary spending decreased. However, as people sought at-home entertainment, interest in collectibles, including trading cards, surged. Online sales and trading also gained momentum during the pandemic. The market adapted by focusing on digital versions and virtual events. Supply chain disruptions briefly affected production and distribution but gradually stabilized. Overall, while the pandemic posed challenges, it also revealed opportunities for the Middle East Trading Cards market to diversify and engage with a growing base of collectors and enthusiasts in the digital realm.
According to the type, the sports trading cards segment has held 68% revenue share in 2022. The sports trading cards segment holds a major share in the Middle East Trading Cards market due to several factors. Sports have a universal appeal that transcends cultural boundaries, making sports trading cards highly sought-after among collectors in the Middle East. Additionally, the region has a growing interest in international sports, particularly football (soccer), which drives demand for cards featuring renowned athletes. Furthermore, partnerships with popular sports leagues and events help promote sports trading cards, and the competitive nature of sports adds excitement to collecting, making it a dominant segment within the Middle East Trading Cards market.
According to the distribution channel, the offline segment has held 56% revenue share in 2022. The offline segment holds a major share in the Middle East Trading Cards market primarily due to the regions strong cultural and traditional preferences for physical collectibles. Collectors and enthusiasts often prefer the tactile experience of buying, trading, and holding physical cards. Offline stores, such as specialty shops, gaming stores, and souvenir outlets, cater to this demand by providing a tangible and immersive buying experience. Additionally, the offline segment benefits from the cultural significance of in-person interactions and social gatherings, where trading events and meetups play a crucial role in fostering community engagement among trading card enthusiasts.
Recent Strategic Developments
• Prominent trading card corporations like Topps, Panini America, and Upper Deck are significantly boosting their investments in the Middle East trading cards market. In a notable move, Topps unveiled plans in 2023 to establish a new branch in Dubai.
• These companies are also introducing fresh trading card collections spotlighting renowned Middle Eastern athletes and teams. For instance, Panini America recently introduced a set dedicated to the Saudi Arabian national football team.
• Simultaneously, these businesses are actively expanding into previously untapped Middle Eastern markets. Topps, for instance, made public its intentions to broaden its footprint into Egypt in 2023.
• Moreover, there is a concerted effort to incorporate cutting-edge technologies to enrich the trading card experience. Panini Americas announcement of an augmented reality app, set to bring trading cards to life, serves as a prime example.
• Sustainability is also taking center stage, with companies like Topps pledging to shift towards eco-friendly materials for their Middle East packaging.
• Lastly, promoting diversity and inclusivity is gaining traction, exemplified by Upper Decks plans to launch a new trading card collection featuring female athletes from various Middle Eastern sports disciplines in 2023.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2021 - 2022
• Base Year: 2022
• Forecast Period: 2023-2033
Middle East Trading Cards Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2033)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2033)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Middle East Trading Cards Market Segments
By Type (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Sports Trading Cards
• Non-sports Trading Cards
• Other Trading Cards
By Application (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Competitive gaming
Distribution Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Offline Channels
• Online Channels
By Country (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2033)
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East
Middle East Trading Cards Market Companies
• Bandai Namco Holdings Inc.
• Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
• Nintendo Co., Ltd.
• Mattel, Inc.
• Konami Holdings Corporation
• Asmodee Group
• The Pokémon Company International
• PlayFusion Ltd.
• Ultra PRO International LLC
• Cryptozoic Entertainment
• Dragon Shield
Available Versions of Tradings Cards Market Report:
Global Trading Cards Market Research Report
US Trading Cards Market Research Report
Europe Trading Cards Market Research Report
APAC Trading Cards Market Research Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail email@example.com
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved