Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market is segmented By Fetal Care Equipment Type (Ultrasound Devices, Fetal Dopplers, Fetal MRI Systems, Fetal Monitors, Fetal Pulse Oximeters), Neonatal Care Equipment Type (Infant Warmers, Incubators, Convertible Warmers and Incubators, Phototherapy Equipment, Respiratory Devices: resuscitators, oxygen analyzers and monitors, continuous positive airway pressure or CPAP devices, and neonatal ventilators; Neonatal Monitoring Devices: Blood Pressure Monitors, Cardiac Monitors, Pulse Oximeters, Capnographs, and Integrated Monitoring Devices), End User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres, Clinics, Others), By Region (U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia & CIS, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, India, Rest of Asia Pacific, Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America, GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa).
The Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market was valued at US $8.24 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach US $21.6 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period.
The fetal and neonatal care (FNC) equipment are specialized devices that are used to diagnose, monitor, and treat diseases and medical ailments of the fetus and newborn babies. These devices are crucial for routine check-ups in gynaecology and obstetrics interventions. Ultrasound devices, fetal dopplers, fetal MRI systems, incubators, phototherapy, and respiratory devices are some of the most extensively utilized FNC equipment. They also find applications in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) for the treatment of ailments, including anemia, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, interventricular haemorrhage, hyperbilirubinemia, and transient tachypnoea.
Increased Healthcare Awareness and Augmenting Adoption of Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment: Key Driving Factor
The rapidly changing clinical risks for congenital and obstetric complications are among the important factors intensifying the growth and demand of the fetal and neonatal critical care equipment market. In addition, factors such as the increasing prevalence of nosocomial infections in newborns and growing awareness regarding newborn care equipment are expected to contribute to the growth. The growth of this market is attributed to factors such as high birth rates in developing countries, the prevalence of premature births, and government efforts to increase survival rates in such cases. Preterm newborns are more susceptible to various complications such as hypothermia due to heat loss, reduced fat, and glycogen. The rise in several preterm and low-weight infants birth, the growing number of NICU admissions, and increased awareness of Neonatal and Fetal care across developing countries are set to boost the market growth to new heights. As per data updated in 2022, by the World Health Organization, the neonatal mortality rate was 3.18 per 1000 live births in Canada and 3.38 per 1000 live births in the United States of America in 2020. Such a high burden of deaths creates the need for neonatal care equipment in the region and is thus expected to drive the growth of the market.
Robust Spending on R&D to stimulate Market Growth
The market is growing significantly due to the growing prevalence of hospital-acquired neonatal ailments and complications as well as the rapid technological advancements and innovations in phototherapy, patient monitoring, and respiratory devices. Several companies are engaged in approvals and product launches, and manufacturers are involved in high investments to meet the rising demand for neonatal infant care equipment, especially thermoregulation devices. Rapid advancements in technology are expected to favour companies in launching blue spectrum radiation sources and user-friendly control panel phototherapy devices. Companies are more focused on developing LED (Light Emitting Diode) sources of radiation for low power consumption and optimum radiation intensity control. The advancement in technology has shifted most of the developed economies towards high-quality care. Also, connectivity via wireless technologies has eliminated the need for bedside transmitters as mobile app integration has become more seamless in an individual’s daily routine. Few devices are proactive in anticipating health information and delivering it timely with supportive communication and coordination among the providers involved in the healthcare delivery services.
Rising Demand for Advanced Features stimulates the Market
According to WHO, there are about 15 million infants born preterm every year, which is the primary reason for higher mortality. Most of the emerging economies like India, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Bangladesh have the highest preterm due to poor infrastructure and lack of trained professionals. Proper prenatal care and appropriate medical care are important for a healthy pregnancy and features such as lightweight, compact, advanced featured, and remote-based monitoring have enabled end-users to rely on effective patient monitoring devices, thereby fueling the growth of the fetal and neonatal care equipment market. The increase in demand for more advanced and customized diagnosis with the availability of vast healthcare services globally has pushed the market to produce safe, efficient, and cost-effective products in the market. The high growth of integrated and multifunctional neonatal care equipment as well as the emerging markets will further accelerate the expansion of the fetal and neonatal critical care equipment market.
High Costs Will Hinder Potential Growth
The stringent regulatory policies for new device approvals of advanced neonatal care equipment are the major factors hindering fetal and neonatal care equipment growth. The premium pricing of advanced neonatal care equipment will curb the growth of the fetal and neonatal critical care equipment market, whereas the increasing preference for refurbished devices across emerging countries has the potential to challenge the growth of the fetal and neonatal critical care equipment market.
North America holds the dominant position in the growing demand for ECUs
North American region leads the fetal and neonatal critical care equipment market owing to growing awareness about neonatal and fetal care along with the increasing number of neonatal intensive care unit admissions within the region, and the presence of well-established healthcare facilities. United States dominated the North American fetal and neonatal care equipment market in 2021, which is attributed mainly to the high rate of preterm births, the presence of a good reimbursement structure, the high incidence of neonatal abstinence syndrome (ANS), the rate of maternal mortality, lifestyle challenges, and the availability of well-equipped neonatal intensive care centres. The Canadian market is expected to hold second place in the North American market as the value-based health model in Canada has led to the development of highly specialized neonatal intensive care centres, increasing the number of FDA devices. Asia Pacific market is expected to be the fastest-growing regional market owing to government initiatives by developing countries such as India, China, and Japan and increased awareness of the importance of fetal and neonatal care. The European market is also accelerating due to the increasing incidence of premature childbirth and c-section deliveries causing childbirth complications. In addition, growing hospitals and government initiatives to decrease infant mortality rates fuel the market.
Top Companies and Recent Strategic Developments
The leading players of the fetal and neonatal care equipment market are using strategies such as the introduction of innovative products to gain an upper hand over the other competitors.
Some of the key developments in the global fetal and neonatal care equipment market include:
• In March 2022, Butterfly Network, Inc., a digital health company transforming care with handheld, whole-body ultrasound, received a grant for USD 5 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to improve maternal and fetal health. Through this grant, Butterfly will provide 1,000 healthcare workers in Sub-Saharan Africa with Butterfly iQ+, the world’s only handheld, whole-body point-of-care ultrasound probe.
• In February 2022, Philips expanded its ultrasound portfolio with advanced hemodynamic assessment and measurement capabilities on its handheld point-of-care ultrasound – Lumify, with the addition of Pulse Wave Doppler to enable clinicians to quantify blood flow in a wide range of point-of-care diagnostic applications, including cardiology, vascular, abdominal, urology, obstetrics, and gynaecology.
• In June 2021, Nuvo Group received the United States Food and Drug Administration approval for the expanded utility of its INVU, a prescription-initiated remote pregnancy monitoring platform to add a new module that enables remote monitoring of uterine activity.
• In August 2020, Pulsenmore Ltd., an Israeli firm involved in the manufacturing and marketing of ultrasound devices, launched the tele-ultrasound device which was the first-ever self-administered ultrasound device that enables pregnant women to perform at-home ultrasound scans.
• In July 2020, Nihon Kohden Corporation collaborated with TPS (Toyota Product System) Support Team to accelerate its production of ventilators and patient monitors to meet increased demand due to the COVID-19 outbreak
• In June 2020, Inspiration Healthcare Group plc acquired SLE, a provider of ventilator products based in Croydon, which expanded its distribution network in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
• In May 2020, Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA launched the Evita V600 and V800, as well as the Babylog VN600 and VN800, devices for acute care ventilation of adults and preterm babies
• In February 2019, Phoenix launched a new infant care phototherapy product “Nymphaea”, a portable device suitable for preterm babies, and used in conjunction with any warmer, bassinet, and incubator.
Years considered for this report
• Historical Years: 2019-2021
• Base Year: 2021
• Forecast Period: 2022-2032
Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market Research Report Analysis Highlights
• Historical data available (as per request)
• Estimation/ projections/ forecast for revenue and unit sales (2022 - 2032)
• Data breakdown for application Industries (2022 - 2032)
• Integration and collaboration analysis of companies
• Capacity analysis with application sector breakdown
• Business trend and expansion analysis
• Import and export analysis
• Competition analysis/market share
• Supply chain analysis
• Client list and case studies
• Market entry strategies adopted by emerging companies
Industry Segmentation and Revenue Breakdown
Fetal Care Equipment Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Ultrasound Devices
• Fetal Dopplers
• Fetal MRI Systems
• Fetal Monitors
• Fetal Pulse Oximeters
Neonatal Care Equipment Type Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• Infant Warmers
• Convertible Warmers and Incubators
• Phototherapy Equipment
• Respiratory Devices
• Oxygen analyzers and monitors
• Continuous positive airway pressure or CPAP devices
• Neonatal ventilators
• Neonatal Monitoring Devices
• Blood Pressure Monitors
• Cardiac Monitors
• Pulse Oximeters
• Integrated Monitoring Devices
End User Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 – 2032
• Diagnostic Centres
Regional Analysis (Revenue, USD Million, 2022 - 2032)
• North America (U.S., Canada)
• Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Nordic Region, Rest of Europe)
• Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, ASEAN, Rest of Asia Pacific)
• Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
• Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
• Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
• Phoenix Medical Systems (P) Ltd.
• Inspiration Healthcare Group Plc.
• Natus Medical Incorporated
• Utah Medical Products Inc.
• GE Healthcare
• Dragerwerk AG & Co.KGaA
• Cardinal Health
• Koninklijke Philips N.V.
• Mead Johnson & Company, LLC
Available Versions of Global Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market Report:
The United States Global Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market Report
Europe Global Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market Report
Asia Pacific Global Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market Report
India Global Fetal and Neonatal Care Equipment Market Report
• Customization can be done in the existing research scope to cater to your specific requirements without any extra charges* (terms and conditions apply).
• Send us a query to get the Table of Contents and Research Scope along with the research proposal.
Fill out the sample request form OR reach out directly to David Correa at his email: -
Please fill in the form below to Request for free Sample Report
Office Hours Mon - Sat 10:00 - 16:00
Send Us Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Market Decipher. All Rights Reserved